Sunday, May 15, 2022

Potiphar's Wife By Mesu Andrews


This was a very powerful novel.  I am thrilled that my husband and I have been reading the Old Testament recently so I knew the story very well.  The author did a wonderful job of meshing real history and fictional content.  This is the second Biblical fiction that I have read from this author.  I have enjoyed both of these books very much.

This Bible story totally came to life as I read it and was very entertaining as Potiphar's wife, Zully, tries to seduce Joseph and he wants nothing to do with that.  There is so much historical information in this book, you know the amount of research that goes into a work such as this.  I found myself totally captivated by the entire book as each of the characters truly are amazingly well written and you feel as you are right there experiencing their stories with them.  I love that Zully tells her story in her words and with her own feelings and  thoughts.  

This is a book I recommend.  It was very good!  

I received an ebook copy from WaterBrook through NetGalley.  All thoughts are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment