Wednesday, January 13, 2016

The Shamrock Case by Linda Weaver Clarke (Audible version)

I am so happy I was able to listen to  this cozy mystery.  It was right up my alley.  Why?  Because I am a genealogist by profession.  And in this book, the main character, Amelia Moore, a detective, is looking for the family of a young woman, Kate, who was adopted after the death of both of her parents.  She knows they were from Ireland and wants to find her family if possible.  Being a genealogist, I do this everyday as part of my work, also.  I have also worked on a few adoption cases and heir searches. I have also traveled abroad to do research, so I guess that makes me a bit of a detective, also!

About the book:  Amelia and her employee, Rick, head to Ireland after hired by Kate to find her family.  Amelia and Rick meet some trouble when the run into Art, the jilted ex-fiancé of Kate's mother.  He is a trouble maker and causes problems throughout the story.  As Amelia and Rick search for the grandparents of Kate, they also have some down-time to tour the places on Kate's bucket list.

This is a cute story and there are unexpected results to the search for Kate's family.  You will have to read this sweet story.  It's a fun and enjoyable read.  But in this case I was able to listen to the Audible version.  I enjoyed the narrator Diane Lehman who was very expressive in her interpretations of the various characters.  She did a great job and it was easy to tell who was speaking just by her different voices.  You can order the Audible version at this link.

You can find Linda at her blog at the following link.  And you can purchase her ebook and paperback version here.  I am sure you will enjoy this nice book!

I received an Audible version of this book from the author for my honest review which I have given.


No comments:

Post a Comment