Tuesday, January 10, 2017

An Uncommon Protector by Shelley Shepard Gray

This book by Shelley Shepard Gray was the first book from this author that I have had the pleasure of reading that wasn't an Amish book.  I was so delighted to read this captivating historical novel of Laurel, a young woman trying to make it on her own and finding many things hindering her goals.  As she requests to have an indentured servant who was apparently judged as a criminal she finds that this man was anything but a criminal as he helps in every way he can to protect both her and the property and animals she owns.  As others try to procure her property by using scare tactics in hopes of her relenting to either marriage or selling of her property she battles back with Thomas at her side.

I really enjoyed both the writer's style and the story as well.  It was a very good book and I highly recommend it.

I received an ebook copy of this book from NetGalley for my honest review which I have given.

No comments:

Post a Comment