Monday, January 23, 2017

Stars in The Grass by Ann Marie Stewart

Having had my own personal family loss this year caused this book to have lots of meaning for me. The story takes place in a time period that I can easily relate to, the 70's.  It was a story of a happy family, living a very routine, and happy daily existence until an unexpected loss changed their world and turned it totally upside down.

9 year old Abby, her brother Matt, and her parents find that life has become difficult and that nothing is the same.  Each deals with their grief in different ways, and that grief literally pulls them apart.

The book was a touching story that was really easy to relate to and left me feeling happy that I had a chance to read such an inspiring book of hope and finding one's way in a dreary time of life.

I think this book will help many to heal and find solace.  I know it helped me.

I received a copy of this book with no expectations of a positive review.  These opinions are mine.

1 comment:

  1. I have the chance to read and review this book myself through the Barbour book review program. I'm glad to read your review on it and am happy you found it just as good as it sounds! I look forward to savoring it for myself! :-)

    ReplyDelete