Saturday, November 16, 2019

Searching For True Happiness by Linda Weaver Clarke (Audible Version)

I listened to this Audible version today.  I think I kind of needed it, too.  Feeling a bit "not as happy as I would like to be" due to health issues that seemed to linger way too long.  After reading this book, I felt uplifted and had more hope.

The author tells of her own personal trials, as well as those of family members, and how they overcame.  We all experience these times and she explains how they may us more capable to feel the pain or sorrow of others and be able to help them.

I found myself taking quite a few notes, and in a way, wished I had the paperback version, so that I could highlight and mark up the parts that were of special significance to me.

Happiness is not just getting the things in life that you want.  And the author gives some "assignments" to practice the things that she talks about in her book.

There are many worthwhile ideas to help us as we try to find happiness in our lifes, through service, love, and kindness.

I felt I learned some great ideas and think you will, too.

I received an Audible copy of this book. All thoughts are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment