Wednesday, July 14, 2021

An Amish Surprise (Berlin Bookmobile Series, Book 2) by Shelley Shepard Gray


This sweet Amish story was a poignant one which I feel will certainly touch your heart.  I did not have the chance yet to read book 1, so I can say that it is a good stand-alone.  

The story line was one that was realistic and contemporary.  I could feel Miles' pain as he is told his foster parents could no longer have him stay.  Feeling rejected and alone, Miles wonders what he could have done to let him stay and why no one has ever wanted to adopt him.

His friend, Calvin, has come to be very fond of Miles and Miles hopes that Calvin's home will be his next home, but it is not Miriam's plan and Calvin wants to keep the peace in his still childless family.  Lots of feelings and emotions that surround this Amish family.

I really enjoyed this book and will plan on reading book 1!  The characters were endearing and the story was heartwarming.

I received a copy of this book from the author.  All thoughts are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment