Monday, July 5, 2021

The Nature of Small Birds By Susie Finkbeiner


This was an interesting book about a family that adopts a girl in the Babylift program for Vietnam.  In this time-slip book, you will find three time periods, 1975, 1988 and 2013.  It takes place in the time period I remember all too well in my life, so I can relate to the events that took place and the "way we lived" in those years.

I didn't immediately realize that the three time periods would be told by a different person, but caught on quickly as the book, written in first person, changed first persons.  At first I was a bit confused by that.  I was especially interested in seeing whether she is able to find her birth mother, as this is something that I have done for several people in my life.  

There is family drama, and events that happened to many people of these time frames. I felt that the book would continue and we would see where certain parts of the book led.  Maybe a second book in the future?  I enjoyed the book very much.

I received this book through NetGalley.  All thoughts are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment