Friday, April 8, 2022

Amelia Moore Mysteries, Vol. 3 Audible Version, Compilation by Linda Weaver Clarke

I just recently finished listening to the Audible version of The Amelia Moore Mystery Series, Vol 3, Mystery on the Bayou.  I really enjoyed it.  As a young girl reading was my beloved pastime that my friends and I continued to do together through our elementary school years.  Mysteries were my favorite genre in those days, and I can see that my love for mysteries has not waned.

Linda writes a fun and interesting story line.  We find Amelia and Rick, two happy newlyweds in a cozy retreat for their honeymoon, only to be approached by a woman who asks Amelia to locate a son she gave up for adoption 16 years ago.  She has discovered she has a hereditary disease that she feels an urgent need to inform her son about.  Not knowing could be deadly for him.  Amelia takes on the case which leads her to Bayou country and a not so easy to resolve case. 

There are several twists and turns making lots of interesting listening. I enjoyed listening to the Audible version very much and if you enjoy cozy mysteries, with a little touch of romance, you will surely enjoy it as well! 

The narrator Carolyn Kashner has a great way of changing voices of each of the characters.  It's really enjoyable listening and relaxing to this fun Audible book after a long stressful day.  She is so full of expression and very talented!  I loved listening to someone "tell me a story".  I could listen as I drove to and from errands and even while fixing dinner.  It's a great way to "multi-task".

The second story in Vol 3, is The Lighthouse Mystery. It's a great cozy mystery and for me it was awesome because she often writes about places that I know.  This time her book took me to my old home in California, Palm Springs, and as she described it, I could totally visualize it!  Then they were headed to Ventura Harbor.  I used to live in Ojai which is very close by and trips to the beach in Ventura were a remembrance of years past for me!

But aside from this, the Audible book held my attention to the very end.  I loved this clean romance and the resolution to the mysteries.  I look forward to reading and listening to other books from this great author.

I received an Audible version of this book from the author for my honest review, which I have given.  All thoughts are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment