Saturday, April 2, 2022

The School For German Brides by Aimie K. Runyan


I was looking forward to this book because of my own family history.  I enjoyed the story quite a bit as I had heard of the school for German brides in a previous book that I had read.  The story is about 3 women of different backgrounds and experiences during the WWII period.  Each experiences difficult experiences and different lifestyles during this dangerous time.

The story revolves around Klara, a wealthy young German woman who is friends both with Tilde, a young Jewish Mischling (1/2 Jewish and 1/2 German) and Hanna, whose mother passed and she lives with her aunt and uncle who give her all the worldly things she could want or need, yet there is still something clearly missing in her life.  

I did think the main focus of this book would be the school for the German brides, and I had hoped to learn more about that experience itself.  All in all, it was an interesting book that was a very intriguing read.

I received and ebook copy of this book from NetGalley and William Morrow.  All thoughts are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment