Friday, April 8, 2022

The Sister Preachers by Gayle Sears


I grabbed this while shopping at Deseret Book the other day.  The title and cover immediately caught my attention and I knew this was a book that I wanted to read.  

The story is about the first female missionaries serving for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  (LDS) These young women were planning a trip to Europe but were both in for a big surprise by receiving an unexpected mission call.  

The story tells of the difficult trials that they experienced.  The women work diligently to clarify false assumptions about their church and its beliefs.  It was a very interesting book and I enjoyed it very much.  It shared the good and the bad times that these missionaries experienced during their mission.  I recommend this excellent Christian book.


No comments:

Post a Comment