Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Elena, Woman of Courage by Linda Weaver Clarke














Synopsis:

The “Roaring Twenties” was a time of great change, when women raised their hemlines and bobbed their hair. The language of the era was also new and different. Watch a young love blossom in this sweet romance. When Elena Yeates settles into a small western town as the newest doctor, a few problems arise. The town is not ready for a female doctor, let alone one so strong and independent. She must struggle against the prejudice to establish her new practice. As she fights to prove herself, the town’s most eligible bachelor finds it a challenge to see if he can win her heart.

My thoughts:

This was the final book in the Bear Lake Family Saga.  I have read the previous four and they were all very good books.  This one was also.  I enjoyed the characters from the previous books and how they merged into the continued story.  

I enjoyed John as he finds he is not able to commit, yet finds he needs more than what he now has.  I enjoyed Elena as she deals with social prejudice and struggles to overcome that.  It's a time of change in the world as society begins to modernize with vehicles and new inventions.  I am sorry to see the series ending.  I have enjoyed each page as I read through each book.  Great job, Linda Weaver Clarke.

You can get a copy at the following link..

No comments:

Post a Comment