Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Covered Bridge Charm by Dianne Christner



Dianne Christner is a new author for me.  I hadn't read any books about Mennonites and so it was interesting to see the difference with the Amish books that I have been reading.  I found it a little harder to get engaged into the story perhaps because there were many characters to get to "know".  I did like the assisted senior living aspect of the book because I have been dealing with things of this nature in my own life recently and could really relate to that part.

I enjoyed what Carly, the main character, was doing for one of the older ladies in the center where she worked.  It definitely was a fun part of the book with a little romance mixed in and I enjoyed that a lot.  And of course, there was just a bit of mystery to add to the interest.

The differences in the Amish and the Mennonites were shown here and it was something that I had not known about too well.  I liked Carly, who was an independently active young woman involved in social issues and getting others to be involved with them as well.

The longer I read the book the more engaged with it I became.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher for my honest review.

You can purchase a copy of this book at the following link.

No comments:

Post a Comment