Saturday, July 9, 2016

From This Moment by Elizabeth Camden

I thought I would really love this book as I am a big fan of historical fiction and it also had some mystery, another favorite genre for me.  It starts with Stella working as a stenographer to find out what has happened that caused the death of her sister.  But it was just a bit too slow moving for me.  I loved the cover, it's beautiful, but to me it wasn't one of those page-turners that I had hoped for.  It seemed to have a slower pace and so I had a hard time really getting into the book for a while.

Corruption in the government was a theme that comes through in the story and I enjoyed that very much. I liked this story, but I didn't "love" it.

I received a copy of this book from NetGalley for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment