Monday, August 1, 2016

A Different Beautiful by Courtney Westlake

This was an amazing story of an amazing family and the things they learned about life and God and human nature.  The daughter of the author, Brenna, was born with a rare and life threatening skin disorder that changed the entire lives of this family.  As their child went through countless trials, the author recounts these experiences and the things they learned that could have driven them apart, but rather brought them together to do the best they could to help their daughter thrive and have as good a quality of life as she possibly could.

This book was really good.  I felt as though I could relate to this family in many ways.  Courtney's insights were really wonderful.  In one part of the book she uses a picture puzzle as an analogy and teaching moment for her son.  And the letter she wrote to him as he goes to his first day of preschool will really make you think.  I loved it.

I received this book from the publisher for my honest review which I have given.

You can find your copy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment