Wednesday, October 13, 2021

The Amelia Moore Mysteries Volume 2 by Linda Weaver Clarke (Audible Version)

 


Recently I reviewed Volume 1 of The Amelia Moore Mysteries.   Now I have the good fortune to review Volume 2.

I was really happy to listen to The Amelia Moore Detective Mysteries, because I had really enjoyed the others which I had listened to.  This one did not disappoint.  Narrator Carolyn Kashner was an enjoyable narrator and very expressive.  She does a good job of keeping your interest.

Ms. Clarke's books are always a good and clean read.   It is a fun cozy mystery and I love how it brings in the area in St. George, Utah, which I am so familiar with.  The author always makes you feel as though you are right there enjoying the scenery and the surroundings.

I loved how Rick and Amelia work so well together, have their bucket lists, and seem to always get into a few tight fixes.  I really enjoyed the book, loved the fact that it was Audible and could listen without turning a page!

There are two mysteries in this volume.  In the second story, a porcelain doll turns up missing from a museum case.  The obvious culprit appears to be Sam, an engaged museum employee who suddenly turns up missing at the same time as the doll.

Sam's fiance hires Amelia and her partner Rick to find Sam and to prove his innocence.  Amelia and Rick are followed at every corner and try to dodge the men that always seem to be after them.  Will they be able to find Sam and prove that he was not guilty of the theft and also figure out why so many people seem to be inquiring about the doll?  Is the doll worth enough to be of such great interest to several people?  What is the real secret behind the mysterious doll?

These were fun to listen to and I enjoyed it very much.  I think you will enjoy the other books in this cozy mystery series, as well.  Amelia and Rick seem to be getting closer as the series continue and some romance is definitely in the air.

I was given a complimentary Audible version from the author for my review and was under no obligation to give a positive review.  All thoughts are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment