Thursday, February 10, 2022

Hues Of You by Dr. Lucretia Berry


This book really hit a chord with me.  We have a very interracial family, both immediate and extended.  We have family members of many different "Hues" and cultures.  And I have to say, I absolutely love it.  I am a professional genealogist and studying the family backgrounds has been a fascinating experience that I never tire of.  

I love the concept of this book as children learn to accept and embrace different people and learn that we may seem different on the outside but on the inside we have the same feelings, needs and abilities.

The book shares that as different people we might celebrate different holidays and speak different languages and have other differences.  It teaches of words and meanings in relation to the different peoples and ethnicities.  This book was written in the style of a workbook to fill in the difference we might see in friends and others that we come to meet in our lives and teaches that we all have an important significance in this World.

The book teaches that regardless of the hue of our skin and our ethnicity, we are all members of humanity and should be treated as such.  I love the premise of this book and the elements that it teaches to young people that are reading this.  In our diverse World, it is an excellent example of what we all need to strive for.  Excellent children's book.  I highly recommend this book.

I received a copy of this book from Waterbrook & Multnomah.  All thoughts are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment