Saturday, February 5, 2022

The Lady of Galway Manor by Jennifer Deibel


I really enjoyed this historical fiction taking place in 1920.  As Lady Annabeth appears in the jewelry shop of the Jennings family to become an apprentice, Stephen is not happy about it.  He is a bit offish towards Lady Annabeth and doesn't appreciate her being there.  But as time has it, there is a slow attraction forthcoming which after a certain event builds the romance during a time of strife between the Irish and the English.

It was an engaging story which kept my attention throughout.  I have previously read the book A Dance in Donegal by this same author and I enjoyed the attention to detail of the locations and the events taking place there in history at that time in her books.  I loved the Irish brogue that appears throughout and the character Seamus was really one I enjoyed getting to know.  He was a stable and kind character.  And of course there were characters that caused difficulties for Annabeth and Stephen.  It was a good book that I would happily recommend to others.

I received a copy of this book from the Publisher.  All thoughts are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment