Saturday, February 12, 2022

The Prince And The Prodigal by Jill Eileen Smith


I have read quite a few Biblical fiction books lately and find that I really enjoy them.  I keep thinking how difficult it would be to write a book of this type.  Lots of research to be sure of details would definitely be necessary.  I love how the people come to life in this book and how easy it makes it to visualize what is happening as the book progresses.  This is an amazing book.  I enjoyed it very much and the author truly brings the characters to life, sharing their feelings, both good or not so good ones.  I found that as I read this book the characters seemed easier to understand in a very human way.

Joseph being the favored son, suffered at the hands of his brothers and it is so good to know that all of this had a  purpose with God.  It was good to see that he was faithful throughout and we see how God may be silent for a while but his purposes are always seen as in this story of Joseph.

I received a copy of this book from Revell Publishing and was not required to give a positive review.  All thoughts are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment