Thursday, February 17, 2022

Threads of Hope (Plain Patterns book 3) by Leslie Gould


This was such a nice story, full of emotions and real-life issues.  I loved how the women got together to quilt and visit and as they did they "went back in time" to hear a story that that happened to an Amish man as he leaves his home to serve in the military during WWI and leaves behind his conscientious objector status and becomes a soldier despite what is expected of him as a Plain man.  As Jane reads Amos's letters to her friends, Danielle, Tally, her mother and little Maggie, the letters come to be something they looked forward to and couldn't wait to continue to see how the story turned out. 

Tally is a caregiver to her mother and she and Danielle, a Plain woman who also joined the military, find some ties that bind them into one another's lives.  The story is very moving and touching with lots of feels that you won't want to miss.  I really enjoyed this book so much.  I understood Tally's stage of life as a caregiver and know personally the struggles this brings.  

I highly recommend this story.  

I received a copy of this book from the author and was not required to post a positive review.  All thoughts are my own.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Sunnie! I'm so happy you enjoyed Threads of Hope!

    ReplyDelete