Sunday, March 7, 2021

Miriam's Song by Jill Eileen Smith


I enjoyed this new book by Jill Eileen Smith so much!  It tells the story of the sister of Moses who laid his woven basket into the Nile in hopes of saving him from death.  I love how the author interweaves the actual historical events and the fiction to bring the life of Miriam into an interesting and gripping story.

Miriam is presented as a loving and faithful sister to Moses throughout her life despite the trials that the Egyptians place upon her and the people of Israel.  The book is written in a very easy to read and understandable format making the Biblical story truly come to life.  I felt that the book was so interesting and engaging that it was hard to put it down.  It became one of my favorite books quite quickly.  I hope to read many more of this author's books.  

Miriam becomes very real and you can feel her feelings throughout the book.  It made this historical person very easy to understand and she became a real important and supportive person in these important historical events and times.

I received a copy of this book from Revell Publishing.  All thoughts are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment