Friday, January 28, 2022

Lumberjacks & Ladies byJennifer Lamont Leo, Naomi Musch, Candice Sue Patterson, Pegg Thomas


The first story written by Candice Sue Patterson, was very sweet and enjoyable.  I had not read any of this author's books before, but I really enjoyed her writing and am going to watch for her future books.  It was an engaging and somewhat intriguing read.  Yes, there was a little crime going on that made for some good reading!

The second story was by author Pegg Thomas.  Eliza Beth is a cook for a logging crew and there is an interesting "conflict" between what appears as suitors wanting her attentions.  However, she wants to get away from the camp and pursue her teaching abilities.  It's a very good story and although these stories are shorter than a full length book, the characters have been well developed and are very believable.  

The third story was written by Naomi Musch.  I enjoy how these stories take you to different logging camps in different states, Maine, Michigan, Wisconsin and Idaho. And Naomi's book takes you to Wisconsin.  This is about a marriage of convenience and need and I love how it turns out and it was definitely a "feel good" story.  

The final story in the book was written by Jennifer Lamont Leo.  It was the most  historically recent of the stories and I could tell that quickly as I was reading.  It took place in 1890 Idaho.  A little mystery going on here as to the financial situation of the timberland business.  This and the other stories makes for entertaining reading which I feel were very interest retaining and well worth your time!  It's very good and I am so happy that I read these great historicals!

I received a copy of this book from Barbour Publishing and an author and was under no obligation to post a review. All thoughts are my own.

 

1 comment: