Thursday, January 13, 2022

Promises of Gold by Serena Clarke, (Audible Version) Narrated by Kimi Weldon


I wasn't sure if I would enjoy a fairytale retelling or not.  I didn't really know what to expect.  What I found was a sweet romance with heroes and villains and a surprise at the end!  The story has twists and turns and you won't know what happens next until you keep on reading!  It's amazingly clever how the author retells the tale of Rumpelstiltskin, the spinner of gold.  I have to admit, I totally forgot how this fairy tale played out.  It started to come back to me as I listened to the narrator, Kimi Weldon, tell this story to perfection.  She was a pleasing to listen to narrator and it made the story come to life.

There was great chemistry going on in the romance and it totally engaged me.  Well done!

I received an Audible copy of this book without expectation of a positive review.  All thoughts are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment